Thursday, January 29, 2015

Mangiare!

After last weeks Para Sailing experience I was quite happy to take this week a little slower....keep my feet on the ground. This week we celebrated our eight year wedding anniversary.  At first we didn't have any plans.  Not really many things to do on a Tuesday night when you have children, homework and all else that goes with having a busy family.

As always my thoughtful husband was on his game and arranged for us to have dinner at a restaurant.  We had always talked about going to La Cucina but have never gotten around to it.  Now's the time! I was looking forward to going somewhere that didn't have a kids menu and crayons on the table.  This restaurant was quiet and romantic. 

We decided that in the spirit of new experiences we would choose things on the menu that we had not eaten before.  We started off with Arancini an Italian style rice balls stuffed with cheese and pomodoro sauce .  They were excellent.  For his main entree Mike had the Chicken Parm.  Nothing new here as it's one of his favourite items on a restaurant menu.  For me, I chose new.  I had the Veal Marsala.  For me this was a big deal as I never eat anything baby.  I have to admit....I've been missing out.  This was delicious!!  So tender and tasty, full of flavour.  I will open my mind up more to the possibilities of meat like this, and others from now on.

As a self proclaimed beer snob I was looking forward to trying the Birra Moretti.  I have to say that it fell flat for me.  Those looking for a lighter beer will enjoy this but I prefer a fuller bodied beer.

We finished off our night and this wonderful meal with Sicilian Cannoli.  Cannoli are tube-shaped shells of pastry dough, filled with a sweet, creamy ricotta cheese filling.  These ones were made perfectly and were delicious!

Week #3 may have been low key but it was extremely special to me.  I was able to celebrate my marriage to the best guy a girl could ask for. Happy Anniversary Baby!





No comments:

Post a Comment